Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Cranberry - Pecan Tassies

I made these as an after thought with some left over dough I had from my Mini Tarts. I thought it would be a shame to waste it since the dough was so nice and delicious (much like a shortbread). So for the shells, please refer to the previous post. These were super tasty as well (ok by now I'm sure you think I'm bias, but hey - I wouldn't recommend them if I couldn't promise a happy tummy)

Cranberry-Pecan Tassies - makes 2 dozen (so for all you not too keen on math, either double the filling recipe below, or half your shell recipe - if you don't you'll find yourself lopsided!)

Filling:
1 Egg
1 t. vanilla
3/4 c. packed brown sugar (I used dark)
1/3 c. finely chopped dried cranberries
3. T chopped pecans

Beat together egg, brown sugar, vanilla and a dash of salt if your heart desires. Beat until nice and smooth. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Spoon filling into pastry shells (which should be in your mini-muffin tins, just like in the tart recipe)

Bake at 325 for 30 to 35 minutes, or until shells are golden brown. Cool in pan on wire racks - remove from pan and serve up or store in air tight container at room temp. up to 3 days. Or if you're the make ahead time, freeze them for up to 3 months.

*NOTE* Do not under any circumstances fill with a little extra of the syrupy part of the filling! Brown sugar loves to bubble up when cooked (thank you molasses!), and getting the tassies out will no only be near impossible - but scrubbing your pans will suck too!

0 interesting ideas:

Newer Post Older Post Home