Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Super Simple, so delicious!

While visiting the family up in NY, I was tasked with prepping a dessert for lunch after Lil' B's baptism. MIL bought an Organic's boxed yellow cake and frosting. I figured it would be easy enough and to make things more fun, I'd use it to make a Strawberry Shortcake type dessert. Well - many many not fun character building moments later - a Delicious Strawberry Tart resulted! So if you're up for something easy and quick and almost from scratch this is for you!

Daphne's Strawberry Tart

Ingredients:
1 box of Organic's Yellow cake mix (I'm sure you could use any cake mix, I just happened to use this one)
*the following are used IN PLACE OF what the box actually calls for*
2/3 c. sour cream
1/4 c. milk
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1 stick of butter (melted)
1 Box of Organic's Vanilla frosting mix
+ 1 t. vanilla

Strawberries, hulled and sliced

Prepare the boxed cake - replacing the ingredients listed on the box with those listed above. Cook according to box instructions. Keep rather thin layer, I used a 9 inch cake pan and just made 2 tarts- you could use a sheet cake pan, or if you are super cool and own a tart pan go for it!

Prep frosting according to directions, add vanilla.

Slice up strawberries in any manner that suits your needs. I like to make pretty designs - but that's just because I want to try and trick people into eating my tasty treats by catching their eye first :)

Let cake cool completely frost and decorate with strawberries. *NOTE* Prior to decorating with berries, be sure that they are as dry as possible. If not the extra moisture will make the frosting soggy and pink! Not so pretty.

That's it! So easy wasn't it? And tasty too!

0 interesting ideas:

Newer Post Older Post Home